Saturday, October 9, 2010

Argentina vs. Espana Futbol Game!!



Let the game begin!


The stadium!


More of it


and more..


Celebrating after Argentina killed Spain- 4-0!



This was one of the most epic, amazing experiences of my life! The teams that played in this game were the actual world cup teams, meaning the winning 2010 world cup team (Spain) as well as Messi were playing! Just getting into the stadium you experience a new sense of pride, excitement, and almost instantly become a fan of the game of futbol. Getting to my seat was a task in itself, as my roommate and I arrived about 5 minutes late to the game. Apparently for Argentine's this is the one thing that people actually pay attention to time for, or are actually early to. After having to push through passionate Argentine's with "permiso"as my only excuse, and then walking in front of about 18 fans sitting down, I finally made it to my seat. Being in the midst of a sold out game, watching the world cup teams play in Argentina was a completely unreal experience. I can't explain how it was here, it is something I will never forget! I forgot to mention that my roommate and I didn't buy our tickets together, so she was one row in front of me and I was right behind her, 2 Argentines at my sides, life couldn't get any better. Chants were sung constantly throughout the game and everyone knew them. When Argentina scored, the whole stadium got up, flinging towels/shirts in the air, waving arms in the air crazily, anything to celebrate the win. Also it is important to note that if Messi scored a goal, there was
a special chant just for him. It is crazy how much they love him here, it's kind of incredible. Argentina ended up winning the game, 4-0! WOO!!!





The excitement after a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment